Monday, March 4, 2013

turn the junk in the trunk to a treasure trunk.

SO lately I have been on this getting healthy and trying to be "hot" kick. Which is good bc usually I have no motivation.
I've been going through old beach pictures, college pictures, blogs, and this is promting me to get in shape and be healthy. I know I will probably never be a size 4 anymore, and to be completely honest I don't want to be. I want to be a healthy Sarah, but with a toned body that I am comfortable in.

I have a lot of daily battles with myself in the body area. I do not feel comfortable in my own skin at all and this really affects me in all areas of my life. I've really always been this way, but not to the same degree.

So here is my plan...

-Fiber + Protein. I don't get enough of either.
-More water, less Diet Coke. :( This is tough for me bc I am truly trulllllly addicted to Diet Coke. I will continue to drink in the morning to help with headache and waking up...but then I need to drink water water water the rest of the day.
-Exercise!!!! I need exercise. A few weeks ago I adopted a dog...I named her Derby (yes, like Kentucky Derby) and she is wonderful and full of energy. But she needs exercise and I think this is going to help ME get it too! I need to walk, run, use my elliptical, do my work out videos, and just try to change it all up different days of the week. Right now, Kentucky weather has just been wet and cold and I have had no desire to go out in it.
-Body Wraps and Detox. I've only used ItWorks once, but the body wraps are high on a lot of my friends lists...so I want to get in on that!
-singing and dancing
-I hear kissing burns calories too ;)

My friend Alicia talked me into do a 5k called Color me Rad in Lexington, KY. It was sooo much fun. I need to sign up for more things like that just to get as much movement as I possibly can. Last summer I wouldnt hardly even get out in the pool in front of my family and I refuse to be that way this summer. So WISH ME LUCK on losing about 25 pounds and toning this up. I wanna turn my "junk in the trunk to a treasure in the trunk" ;).




My new addition!









1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful blog. Thanks for the Twitter folow. You're from Vanceburg?? I grew up in Tollesboro. Small world!!

    ReplyDelete